Assist Head of Seattle Office to develop strong customer relationships in order to generate high volume of prospective clients. Responsible for sourcing, securing, developing, and retaining banking relationships within the assigned region, and underwriting loans within established performance standards.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 1.Develop and maintain relationships with business entities and high net worth to meet their CRE loans, Construction loans, and Residential Mortgage loans’ needs;
- 2.Understand customer’s needs and suggest proper products or product structures, make continued effort to exceed the customer’s expectations;
- 3.Understand the risks associated with products processing and ensure that those are minimized, perform due diligence and KYC;
- 4.Attend local networking events to meet new relations and dig opportunities for business growth;
- 5.Risk management through frequent visits to borrowers and constant monitoring of activities;
- 6.Prepare credit memorandum and issues term sheet based on initial review of financial data;
- 7.Spread, review, and analyze financial statements for new loans, modifications, annual reviews, restructures, and renewals;
- 8.Create the borrower’s file, complete and create a rating for the borrower and guarantor, update collateral information and submit a loan agreement under the Global Cash Management Service (“GCMS”) system;
- 9.Prepare loan documentation that is accurate and complies with ICBCUSA policies and procedures as well as Washington State Laws and Regulations;
- 10.Perform administrative responsibilities including taking notes during meetings with customers, preparing correspondence, and managing files; and
- 11.Conduct market research to understand peer banks’ products and policies.
In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong communication skills and business acumen to interact with clients
- Solid background knowledge of relationship management, business marketing, and risk management
- Strong organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks effectively and initiatives
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to evaluate financial statements, tax returns, cash flow projections
- Strong computer skills; proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Supervisory Responsibility: N/A
This is largely a sedentary role, requiring use of typical office equipment such as a computer, laptop, and cell phone. Most work is completed in an office environment. Walking around the office and talking to employees and supervisors is required.
Moderate travel required to visit clients within the Pacific Northwest region.
Required Education and Experience:
Master’s Degree in Real Estate or Finance. Knowledge in accounting is preferred. A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in business development, credit analysis, and commercial loan underwriting within a banking institution.