This is a long term consulting role for an international bank in NYC. It is responsible for managing and administering the Branch’s databases including but not limited to SQL Server and Oracle, to make sure that data is available to users, and to ensure the databases are secure from unauthorized access or accidental loss or corruption. The position is also responsible for designing, testing, planning, implementing, protecting, operating, managing and maintaining databases applications of the Branch.
- Perform database installation, upgrade, migration, configuration, administration, and security patches.
- Design and implement database structures on relational schemas and tables. Perform other database housekeeping activities such as security administration, user access management, backup/recovery, and performance monitoring.
- Execute routine database backup and disasters recovery activities.
- Perform service packs and security patches updates at the OS and MS SQL Server levels, as well as other database-related vulnerabilities remediation to comply with the Branch policies and standards.
- Monitor, troubleshoot databases issues, and conduct performance tuning, including but not limited to slow queries, statistics, indexing, partition, etc.
- Deploy new code release in lower and production environments.
- Conduct database maintenance, performance tuning, capacity planning, database optimization, and other database administration tasks.
- Implement SQL Logins, Roles and Authentication Modes as a part of Security Policies for various categories of users.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot ETL process and database errors.
- Develop processes and build standards for Data Replication, Database Security, Encryption, Compression and Data Masking/Redaction.
- Manage and administer database access and database user access management, set and maintain database standards.
- Maintain version control on system servers and other application servers.
- Report on KRI & KPI metrics regarding usage and performance.
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
- Create automation for repeating database tasks.
- Respond in a timely manner to user-reported errors.
- Suggest changes and improvements for database maintenance or protection.
- Design databases with both front-end and back-end users in mind.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple and concurrent tasks.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Any other work assigned by IT Department Management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a database administrator.
- Oracle and MS certified Database Administrator is prefered.
- Proficiency in data manipulation languages, including MS SQL Server, Oracle database, Hadoop, or PostgreSQL.
- Excellent experience with RDBMS, especially in Database tuning, upgrades, installation, configuration, security patches, and etc.
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards.
- Strong experience with performance tuning, capacity planning, and optimization of database environments.
- Performance of load balancing/High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Business Intelligence Technology including T-SQL, SSIS, and SSRS.
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling.
- Good understanding of VMWare environment, the storage hardware and software.
- Experience working with Windows server operation system, including Active Directory.Good to have experience writing PowerShell, and/or Python.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- Capable of working under pressure.
- Ability to read, write and speak Mandarin a plus.